To all our enthusiastic customers eager to embark on their YR Pilates journey, we appreciate your excitement and dedication to creating a space for your healthy and mindful rituals!
We encourage you to set up a designated area in your home even before your beds arrive, as visualising this space beforehand can be a productive way to get into the right mindset. We love your proactive approach and commitment to starting your fitness journey, but... how to do that?
Check out our top tips for setting up your very own wellness sanctuary at home.
- Take a moment to pause and carefully consider the space you'll allocate for your YR Pilates practice. It could be a spare bedroom, your study, the living room, or even the garage. Rest assured that our reformer beds are exquisitely designed to serve as a visual feature in any room, enhancing its aesthetics. So, don't worry if your space isn't magazine-perfect; the beauty of our equipment will elevate any environment. Take your time in choosing the perfect spot to create your inspiring Pilates haven.
- Choose somewhere that isn’t exposed to the elements – drafts, rain, dampness or extreme temperatures. Indoors is best. It’s important not only to protect your bed, but to ensure that remove excuses not to work out.
- Check the specifications of the reformer you have selected. Map it out, get familiar with the position you’ll put it into, and make sure you have a little space on either side of the bed (approximately an arm span)
- Consider a sensible place to put a laptop/ipad or TV to follow Your Reformer OnDemand App classes.
- Simplicity is key. While it might be tempting to include various accessories around your reformer bed, ensure that there is nothing on the floor that could interfere with your movements or cause tripping hazards. Keep the space clear and uncluttered. Remember to have the essential accessories that complement your bed, and consider having a storage solution for them when they are not in use. This way, you can maintain a clean and safe environment for your Pilates workouts.
Melanie Blair Webster and Melinda Raydan, experts in property styling and layouts at Raydan Blair say:
“As interior stylists, we are all about creating harmony and balance in a space. Where you work out is no different. Keep it minimal by introducing specific accessories and tones that reflect your personality and essentially motivate and inspire you.
Practical layouts, pops of greenery and a textured rug, will vamp up your workout zone and create an even flow and aesthetically pleasing environment to exercise in”.